Contact: NorbBartosik – email@example.com
(916) 416- 0133
Mid-West Fairs Association concluded their 96th annual meeting Tucson, AZ on 4/28/2018, with Jeremy Parsons, Clay County Fair presiding over 34 of its 39 Fairs members represented along with invited guests, for a total gathering of 88 participants.
The program began on Friday, April 27th and concluded Saturday, April 28th with a visit to the Pima County Fair & Exposition, which included a social gathering and a tour of the annual fair and a behind the scenes tour of Ray Cammack Shows.
The Friday/Saturday program included topics on:
- How to Measure Success, presented by Ray Allison, Indiana State Fair
- From Contractor to Independent Midway, The Transition presented by Gary Slater Iowa State Fair; Jerry Hammer, Minnesota State Fair & Rick Frenette, Fair Advantage
- Beyond Fair Entertainment by J.J. Juliano
- The Role Fairgrounds Play in Natural Disasters presented by Scott Stoller, Silver Dollar Fair
- Where Have We Been, Where We Are, Where We Are Going by Steve Chambers
- Current Trends, Opportunities and Threats moderated by Jeremy Parsons, Clay County Fair
- Updates from IAFE/OABA/NICA/WFA
New officers were elected during the annual Business Meeting of the membership and the following will preside for the balance of 2018/2019 year:
Bob Batista, President (Western Idaho Fair, Boise, ID)
Andy Cashman, First Vice President (Maryland State Fair, Timonium, MD)
Cliff Barton, Second Vice President (Greater Baton Rouge State Fair, Baton Rouge, LA)
Norb Bartosik, Secretary/ Treasurer (Life Member)
Mike Heffron, Secretary Emeritus (Life Member)
The 2019 annual meeting will be held in West Palm Beach, FL with a visit to the South Florida Fair. Specific dates will be determined in the near future.
# # #