Contact: NorbBartosik – email@example.com
(916) 416- 0133
Mid-West Fairs Association concluded their 97th annual meeting in Palm Beach Gardens, FL on2/2/2019, with Bob Batista, Western Idaho Fair presiding over 35 of its 39 Fairs members represented along with invited guests, for a total gathering of 90 participants.
The program began on Friday, February 1st, and concluded Saturday, February 2nd, 2019 with a visit to the South Florida Fair, which included a social gathering and a tour of the annual fair and a visit to Wade Shows for desserts.
The Friday/Saturday program included topics on:
- Organizational Succession Planning, presented by Kathy Kramer, OC Fair
- Florida Federation of Fairs Update from Lisa Hinton
- Let’s Champion Agriculture, presented by Bill Ogg, Walla Walla Fair
- The Good, the Bad & the Ugly, presented by OABA Board Members Jay Strates, E J Dean, Andy Deggeller and Michael Wood
- The 4 Pivotal Fair Entertainment Marketing Strategies for 2019, presented by J.J. Juliano. Anne-Alise Pietruska from Mellowship Entertainment & Steve Richo, Noise New Media
- Solving the Fairs’ World Problems moderated by Jeremy Parsons, Clay County Fair.
- Updates from IAFE/OABA/NICA
- Information on the 9/11 Never Forget Mobile Exhibit, presented by Billy Puckett, Steven Siller Foundation
New officers were elected during the annual Business Meeting of the membership and the following will preside for the balance of 2019/2020 year:
Andy Cashman, President (Maryland State Fair, Timonium, MD)
Cliff Barton, First Vice President, (Greater Baton Rouge State Fair, Baton Rouge, LA)
Cindy Hoye, Second Vice President (Indiana State Fair)
Norb Bartosik, Secretary/ Treasurer (Life Member)
Mike Heffron, Secretary Emeritus (Life Member)
The site for the 2020 annual meeting will be presented with specific location and dates to be determined in the near future.
# # #